Right For You
Is a Retirement Portfolio Right for You?
If you answer yes to the following questions, you may want to consider one of the Retirement Portfolios:
- If you choose a target-date Retirement Portfolio, do you plan to keep your investment in this Portfolio until the target retirement date?
- Will you be able to tolerate the inevitable market swings?
- If you choose a target-date Retirement Portfolio closest to when you want to retire, do you want a Portfolio that becomes more conservative as you approach your retirement date?
- Do you want an investment that is periodically rebalanced for you?
- Do you understand and find acceptable the risks of investing in equities and fixed income?
Questions? To learn more about how Mutual of America Variable Insurance Portfolios's Retirement Portfolios might fit into your retirement planning, speak with a Participant Account Representative. They can help you understand the features and objectives of the Retirement Portfolios. Contact your local Mutual of America Regional Office or call 1-800-468-3785.
The value of a Retirement Portfolio is not guaranteed at any time, including at and after the target date. There is no guarantee that a Retirement Portfolio will correctly predict market or economic conditions, and as with other mutual fund investments, you could lose money. In addition to a retirement date, individuals should consider their risk tolerance, time horizon, personal circumstances and complete financial situation before investing.
You should consider the investment objectives, risks, and charges and expenses of the variable annuity contract and the underlying investment funds carefully before investing. This and other information is contained in the contract prospectus and underlying funds prospectuses and summary prospectuses, which can be obtained by calling 800.468.3785 or visiting mutualofamerica.com. Read them carefully before investing.
Mutual of America's group and individual retirement products that are variable annuity contracts are suitable for long-term investing, particularly for retirement savings. The value of a variable annuity contract will fluctuate depending on the performance of the Separate Account investment options you choose. Upon redemption, you could receive more or less than the principal amount invested. A variable annuity contract provides no additional tax-deferred treatment of benefits beyond the treatment provided to any qualified retirement plan or IRA by applicable tax law. You should consider a variable annuity contract's other features before making a decision.