Flexible Premium Annuity
Total Return Performance Data
Flexible Premium Annuity Separate Account No. 2
- Current Total Separate Account Annual Expenses are 0.90%. Performance between August 1, 2010 and September 30, 2016 reflects Total Separate Account Annual Expenses of 1.20%. Performance prior to August 1, 2010 reflects Total Separate Account Annual Expenses of 0.90%.
- *Or since inception if the Fund has been in existence for less than 10 years.
- **Please note that the current yield quotation more closely reflects the current earnings of the Money Market Fund than the total return performance data.
The performance data shown represent past performance, which is not a guarantee of future results. Investment returns and unit values will fluctuate so that units, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than their original cost. Investment Fund total return performance currently may be lower or higher than the figures stated above.
The total return performance data are based on a hypothetical investment of $1,000, which is redeemed at the end of the periods shown. The total return figures reflect the reinvestment of investment income and capital gains and losses, and are net of expenses which include a contract fee, an expense risk fee, administrative charges, a distribution expense charge and Underlying Funds fees and expenses.
You should consider the investment objectives, risks, and charges and expenses of the variable annuity contract and the underlying investment funds carefully before investing. This and other information is contained in the contract prospectus or brochure and underlying funds prospectuses and summary prospectuses, which can be obtained by calling 800.468.3785 or visiting mutualofamerica.com. Read them carefully before investing.
Money Market Fund Investors: You could lose money by investing in the Fund. Because the share price of the Fund will fluctuate, when you sell your shares they may be worth more or less than what you originally paid for them. The Fund may impose a fee upon sale of your shares or may temporarily suspend your ability to sell shares if the Fund's liquidity falls below required minimums because of market conditions or other factors. An investment in the Fund is not insured or guaranteed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or any other government agency. The Fund's sponsor has no legal obligation to provide financial support to the Fund, and you should not expect that the sponsor will provide financial support to the Fund at any time.
The total return figures for periods extending beyond a year are average rates of return and do not reflect the Funds' actual year-to-year results, which varied over the periods shown. Contributions or withdrawals made within a period would experience different rates of return based on the unit values on the dates of such transactions.
- 1Date of Inception shown for an Investment Fund is the date the Underlying Fund became available to the Separate Account. An Underlying Fund may have begun operations at an earlier date.
- 2The transfer agent and distributor for the Fidelity VIP Portfolios and the investment advisers for the PIMCO Variable Insurance Trust Real Return Portfolio, the T. Rowe Price Blue Chip Growth Portfolio, MFS® VIT Mid Cap Value Portfolio, and the Victory RS Small Cap Grown Equity VIP Series reimburse Mutual of America Life Insurance Company for certain administrative expenses or services Mutual of America provides. We pass these reimbursements on to our contract holders, and as such, the Separate Account expenses for the corresponding Separate Account Funds are reduced to the extent Mutual of America receives such reimbursements. Without such reimbursements, the performance returns of the corresponding Separate Account Funds would have been lower. Please refer to the prospectuses of these Underlying Funds for more information on such expense reimbursements.